Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: My Beautiful New Kit...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Andy Edwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2004
    Posts
    231
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know it's not right but I just want to show it off...

    http://www.andyedwardsmusic.com/superstar.htm

    I know it is over the top but I love it...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Vdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Hey Andy,

    I've got one of those kits in my basement, only smaller (of course!) for a review. You're right, it's a very high quality kit that's sets a new benchmark for the price point. 90% Birch shells, die-cast hardware, three levels of finishes - all starting around $30 more than the Rockstar's they replace. Nothing touches it for the money. I'd love to hear some audio/video samples of you playing it!

    Brad

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Suspiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2004
    Posts
    1,358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice kit! The arrangement of cymbals is very Minnemann-esque if you ask me. Much like VDrummer I would kill to get some audio or video samples to get to hear this monster.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PocketPlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2002
    Posts
    1,462
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know it is over the top but I love it...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nahhhh!

    I dig your website, especially the INFLUENCES page...well done. It really shows your musical lineage from early to late. You write well.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member troutbrooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2005
    Posts
    904
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What happened? The site is down.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member nevesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2004
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Beautiful kit dude, congrats! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member donu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    1,000
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great kit !! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I'll love to see a video of you using all this new advantage you have now [img]cool.gif[/img]

    Cool to see they use again Superstar name, i play on a old Superstar since years and still love it

    As you seem close to Tama staff do you know why we have just 4 positions for Hi Hat spring tension rather then a classic full spring tension system like any others Hi Hat pedal ? for use a 10" Hi Hat i'll appreciate to have the possibility to set the spring pressure less [img]eek.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Cameron_Mahoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2003
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sweet kit!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member JoesMechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2005
    Posts
    575
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Groove....

    Nice kit buddy. Dare I say.... Bozzio Jr.??

    I think the sickness has hit you, and in a few months they may have to hospitalize you for a classic case of "drum set overdose" (DSO), or better know here in the states as the "Black Plage" Disease (get it?? Black Page... Black plage... Terry Bozio???) (Ok...ok... I know it's a lame joke [img]wink.gif[/img] ) anyway......

    Man!! That is a beautiful kit. And knowing your abilities, I would love to hear you put something together that would really show the versatility of this kit. I can't even imagine how many sound combinations and voices this could produce.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Andy Edwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2004
    Posts
    231
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Terry is a massive influence on me and yes, that kit is an inspiration to play.

    It is the first time in a long time I've felt inspired when I sit down on that kit.
    If find playing bigger kits more melodic, I think it's the size and the way the drums respond to each other...it sounds as nic as it looks btw...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •